¥17,050 Tax included
Our 5-Pocket Pants are a pair of extremely comfortable pants with our unique 5-Pocket system that help you keep your map, snacks, and smartphone close by. They are fast-drying, wind-proof, and perhaps our most versatile pair of hiking pants.
The elastic waistband has been upgraded to a mesh rubber material from 2021. This means that the pants dry quicker and they are more comfortable to wear even when wet.
Made in Akita, Japan
Taslan Nylon（100% Nylon）120g/㎡
242g（Size S)、246g（Size S-Tall)
254g（Size M)、257g（Size M-Tall)
268g（Size L)、272g（Size L-Tall)
276g（Size XL)、280g（Size XL-Tall)
MEN | S / S-Tall / M / M-Tall / L / L-Tall / XL / XL-Tall
Akira Natsume, Yamatomichi
Secure storage for a smartphone, convenient hand pockets, overall performance, and so on… Everything about our 5-Pocket Shorts (that we made before the 5-Pocket Pants) was so perfect and comfortable, that regular long pants simply didn’t seem good enough anymore. Only, when it was too cold to wear shorts, I had no choice but to wear long pants by other companies. That is until I decided to make a long version of our 5-Pocket Shorts.
Initially, I was simply trying to lengthen the shorts to make a pair of pants, but the development turned out to be a lot more difficult than I expected. Because the Taslan nylon of the 5-Pocket Shorts has no stretch properties, the movement of the knee got too restricted when I tried making a pair of long pants from the same material.
Instead, I thought of using an elastic material containing polyurethane, but this caused another problem: the materials with polyurethane tended to be slow-drying and less windproof in exchange for its elasticity. I, therefore, decided against using any stretch material.
The 5-Pocket Shorts patterner and I tried one pattern after another and tested it over and over again. The goal was to create the ideal pair of long hiking pants made with the same Taslan nylon, assuring flexible knee movement.
After a great deal of testing and consideration, we concluded that gussets were the solution: bias-cut multiple gussets are sewn to make the pants more three-dimensional. Finally, we came up with the ideal pair of comfortable long pants.
Since then, I wear our 5-Pocket Shorts in the summer, and our 5-Pocket Pants when colder. The material is thin and lightweight but shuts out the wind properly, so I can still keep warm even in slightly cold weather. And I just love the convenience of our 5-Pocket system.
Form and Function
Pockets for Smartphone and Maps
Yamatomichi 5-Pocket design can neatly store your map, snack, wallet, and other items you need during hiking, without interfering with your leg movement.
Especially, our smartphone pocket at the side is so well-positioned that it fits your phone while keeping it securely in place without bouncing around when running. The map pocket is large enough to store the water bottle.
Outstanding Ease of Movement
Though the material is non-stretchable, the outstanding ease of movement is achieved by our proprietary pattern and the three-dimensional sewing. The pants are stress-free and comfortable even when you have to raise your leg high on a steep trail.
Our 5-Pocket shorts and pants are made of lightweight and durable Taslan nylon (120 grams per square meter) with a cotton-like texture. Although it is DWR (durable water repellent) finished, the feature we focused on was fast-drying rather than water repellency.
In the pouring rain, even water-repellent finished clothes will unavoidably get wet. Also, even the highest-spec rainwear gets soaked from the moisture caused by sweat during intense exercise.
Hence, what we prioritize is how fast the fabric can dry after getting wet, rather than to make a lot of effort to keep them completely dry.
Moisture Content after 15 Minutes of Spin-dry
The below chart compares the moisture content in the fabric of the 5-Pocket Shorts/Pants with synthetic base layers and normal cotton after a 15 minutes spin cycle.
The lower the moisture content, the faster the fabric will dry. As can be seen on the chart, the 5-Pocket Pants/Shorts are almost completely dry with a moisture content of only 1% after 15 minutes of spin-dry.
Cotton-like Taslan Nylon
The Taslan nylon fabric is made of “air-textured yarns”, the filament yarns using compressed air.
Unlike the general nylon fabrics, which are often shiny, the Taslan nylon has a matte and soft texture. It is a high-density material made of “air-textured yarns”, achieving both durability and lightweight.
The nylon material is fast-dry and its unique uneven texture keeps you comfortable in various conditions without sticking to your wet skin.
Taslan Nylon（100% Nylon）120g/㎡
70d x 160d
Tear strength measured by JIS L 1096 D (Pendulum method)
Tensile strength measured by JIS L 1096 A (Strip method)
Vertical: 102kg (or more), Vertical: 79kg
Breathability measured by JIS 1096 A (Frazier method)
- Machine wash below 40°C.
- Use laundry net or wash separately.
- Line dry in the shade.
- Tumble dry below 60°C.
- Do not bleach and do not use fabric softener.
- Iron on low without steam.
- Do not dry-clean.
- High temperatures may cause shrinkage.
- We only accept payment by credit card. We currently do not accept payment via bank transfer from overseas accounts.
- We accept the following Credit Cards: Visa, Master, American Express, and JCB.
- To download your receipt, please click the link included in the Dispatch Notice, which we will send by email as soon as the items are dispatched.
We will ship by DHL for overseas customers (excluding China and Russia). For customers in China and Russia, we will ship by EMS only. Shipping costs vary depending on your country and region.
- Overseas customers who need to change the size of their order, should note that the time needed for shipping will vary greatly depending on your country of residence.
- We only accept exchanges when the item is unused (except for fitting).
- If you wish to exchange the size of the item, please contact us within seven days of receiving your order.
- Exchanges can only be made for the same color in a different size.
- If the size you wish is out of stock, we will suggest a different color.
- If the product is out of stock, we may simply have to ship the item back to you.
- All shipping costs to be carried by the customer.
- We will only send the exchanged item to you, upon receipt of return shipping cost via PayPal.
- Please be aware that some countries charge customs duties depending on the price of the item.
- We are unable to answer any questions on local customs. Please contact your local customs bureau.
We accept repairs for all of our Yamatomichi products. For inquiries on repair services including patching the holes, repairing with extra components, or fixing the items damaged over time, please feel free to contact us from the “Repair” section of the SUPPORT page.