¥5,500 Tax included
Keeping your belly warm
Our Alpha Haramaki is made for late-night and early-morning hikers and runners to help them keep warm when temperatures are low.
The advanced Polartec Alpha Direct offers excellent heat retention as well as breathability keeping your belly warm.
Made in Akita, Japan
Facing: Pertex Quantum Air (100％ Nylon) , 48g/㎡
Lining: Polartec Alpha Direct (100% Polyester) , 136g/㎡
48g (Size S)
53g (Size M)
60g (Size L)
Unisex | S / M / L
Akira Natsume, Yamatomichi Founder
Although I have never personally participated in a long-distance trail running race, I have been told by many trail runners that they often feel like quitting during races because their stomach and intestines are damaged by fatigue and the cold, making it impossible to eat while on the move.
I also realized the importance of keeping the abdomen warm when I had to reduce my gear to a minimum while fastpacking from the Sea of Japan to the Pacific Ocean. This experience made me want to create tools and clothing that protect the abdomen, resulting in the Merino Hoody and the Alpha Anorak, but another idea that I came up with at the same time is the Alpha Haramaki.
We developed this belly band specifically for hiking and trail running making sure it’s easy to put on and take off and allows you to continue to stay active because it keeps you warm but doesn’t get stuffy.
Form and Function
For high-intensity activity in the cold
The Alpha Haramaki is a belly band that has been developed for use during intense activity in cold circumstances, such as ridges with strong winds, snowy mountains, early mornings, and late nights.
Polartec Alpha Direct (136g/m2), which combines excellent heat retention with good breathability, effectively repels moisture, even during high-intensity activity. The large velcro strips make it easy to put on and take off and keep the Haramaki snug while worn.
Polartec Alpha Direct
- Superior breathability
- Lightweight and compact
- Polygiene permanent odor control
- Easy care
Conventional natural down or synthetic insulation tends to contain body moisture and as a result, can be quite stuffy. Polartec Alpha, on the other hand, is so breathable that it can be worn even during a high level of physical activity.
Though the original Polartec Alpha required a back lining, Polartec Alpha Direct does not need one because the material is more durable. Consequently, Alpha Direct is superior in breathability, quick-drying property, and it is even more lightweight. Its soft and fleece-like fluffy texture offers excellent warmth.
Alpha Direct is also treated by Polygiene, permanent odor control, and antimicrobial technology. It is also washable and easy-care like other synthetic insulation jackets.
Polartec Alpha Direct (100% Polyester)
Bursting strength measured by JIS L 1096 A (In-house test)
Heat retention measured by JIS L 1096 A (In-house test)
Thermal performance by ASTM F1868
Min: 0.50CLO, MAX: 0.80CLO
Pertex Quantum Air
The Alpha Haramaki uses Pertex Quantum Air, which is made of a densely woven nylon yarn that is extremely lightweight, windproof, highly durable, and breathable.
While there are many variations of Quantum Air with different fabric thickness and finish, we use the fabric that is lightweight, has moderate stretch, and has a matte, comfortable texture. The durable water-repellent finish (DWR) keeps the rain away. It prevents excessive temperature rise inside the garment to keep you comfortable. It is suitable for intense activities in harsh environments.
Pertex Quantum Air, 48g/㎡ (100％ Nylon)
20d x 20d Ripstop
C6 DWR (Durable Water Repellent)
Tear strength measured by JIS L 1096 D (In-house test)
Vertical: 0.9kg, Horizontal: 0.8kg
Tensile strength measured by JIS L 1096 A (In-house test)
Vertical: 35.6kg, Horizontal: 30kg
Ventilation performance measured by JIS 1096 A
33cc/ (㎠ s)
- Use neutral detergent. Machine wash below 30°C.
- Fasten zipper and velcros, and wash separately or use laundry net bag.
- Do not bleach and do not use fabric softener.
- Wring gently. Line dry in the shade.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Do not iron. Do not dry-clean.
- If necessary, wash to remove fuzz from the fabric before first use.
- The fabric may develop fuzz or pilling.
- We only accept payment by credit card. We currently do not accept payment via bank transfer from overseas accounts.
- We accept the following Credit Cards: Visa, Master, American Express, and JCB.
- To download your receipt, please click the link included in the Dispatch Notice, which we will send by email as soon as the items are dispatched.
We will ship by DHL for overseas customers (excluding China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Russia). For customers in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Russia, we will ship by EMS only. Shipping costs vary depending on your country and region.
- Overseas customers who need to change the size of their order, should note that the time needed for shipping will vary greatly depending on your country of residence.
- We only accept exchanges when the item is unused (except for fitting).
- If you wish to exchange the size of the item, please contact us within seven days of receiving your order.
- Exchanges can only be made for the same color in a different size.
- If the size you wish is out of stock, we will suggest a different color.
- If the product is out of stock, we may simply have to ship the item back to you.
- All shipping costs to be carried by the customer.
- We will only send the exchanged item to you, upon receipt of return shipping cost via PayPal.
- Please be aware that some countries charge customs duties depending on the price of the item.
- We are unable to answer any questions on local customs. Please contact your local customs bureau.
We accept repairs for all of our Yamatomichi products. For inquiries on repair services including patching the holes, repairing with extra components, or fixing the items damaged over time, please feel free to contact us from the “Repair” section of the SUPPORT page.