Yamatomichi is happy to help you repair any of our products. We believe that extending the lifespan of our products is good not just for you, but also for the planet. We are sure that a carefully repaired backpack will make you love it even more, so do let us know how we can help.
We take pride in our ultralight hiking gear. They might not be so strong a durable as products made with sturdier fabrics, but we believe your world may look different when your load is lighter.
We hope you will come to love both the advantages and disadvantages of being lightweight, and enjoy hiking with our gear for many years to come.
Ichiro Kitajima, Yamatomichi Repair Division
1. Please contact us via Inquiry Form.
Please contact us via the Repair Request Form below. Please specify the item name, how it is broken, and the date of purchase.
2. We will contact you by email.
After the item status is confirmed, we will contact you by e-mail to inform you of the repair cost and due date of repair as soon as possible.
3. Please send us the item to be repaired.
Please pre-pay the shipping cost in advance and send us the item to be repaired.
4. We will confirm the details of the repair.
After checking your item, our repair staff will contact you with the details of the repair and the repair cost.
5. Please pay the repair cost.
As soon as the repair fee is paid, we will start repairing your item.
6. We will send the repaired item back.
Your item will be delivered as soon as the repair is completed.
*The repair costs listed below are rough guidance.
*Please add 10% consumption tax if you live in Japan.
Replace broken zipper: ¥5,000
Replace broken shoulder pad: ¥5,000 or more/each
Repair hole (app. 5cm): ¥500 or more
Replace the entire side/bottom fabric: ¥5,000
Repair the minor hole with repair tape: ¥500 or more
Repair hole (app. 5cm): ¥500 or more
Repair minor holes: ¥500-¥1,000
Replace belt: ¥1,000
Purchase parts due to damage or loss: ¥100 or more
Please feel free to contact us about repairs other than those listed above!
The customer is to pay for the shipping and return shipping of the item. The return shipping fee will be charged together with the repair cost.
Shipping from the customer to Yamatomichi: Paid by the customer in advance
Shipping from Yamatomichi to the customer: 700 yen (tax included)
Yamatomichi Laboratory Shop (Kamakura, Kanagawa Prefecture) accepts repairs by bring-in. Please check the Yamatomichi Laboratory Shop page for our business days.
1F Uchida Building, 1-13-16 Zaimokuza, Kamakura City, Kanagawa, Japan
*Please specify on the shipping label that the item in need of repair is in the package.
*Please make sure the pockets are empty before you ship it.
*The backpack will become more compact in shipping size if the back pad or internal rods are removed.
We accept PayPal (credit card) and bank transfers for payment. Bank transfer is for domestic customers only.
PayPal (credit card)
You do not need to register PayPal to pay by credit card; we will send you a PayPal billing email and you can make a payment by credit card via the URL in the email.
Bank Name: Japan Net Bank
Branch Name: Suzume Branch
Type of Account: Savings
Account Number: 3850737
Account Holder: Yamatomichi
*When you make a payment by bank transfer, please add “8585”, the ID for repair service, before your name.
Example: 8585 YOUR NAME
Repair your item by yourself, and you will love it more! Yamatomichi Repair Diary shows you how we repair the items sent from the customers for reference. Please visit the below URL for details. Please feel free to inquire about the tips on the repair.
Please fill in the below form and send it to us.
Please attach the photo of the damaged part of the item for the quality assurance of our repair service.
Please feel free to ask any questions on how we repair and how much it will cost via the “Comments” section of the form.
- Q. Why am I not receiving emails from Yamatomichi?
A. Possible reasons are:
1. Our emails end up in your spam folder.
2. Your email address is incorrectly registered in our system.
3. Your email box capacity is full and unable to receive emails.
- Q. How can I check my own registration information?
A. Please log in to view your registered information HERE.
- Q. I want to delete my own account at Yamatomichi online shop.
A. Please contact us via the CONTACT. We need to delete your account manually.
- Q. I want detailed information about the products.
A. Our product websites and JOURNALS pages have all the information including the features, sizes, materials, and recommended scenes.
- Q. What’s the next season’s color?
A. Please look forward to the next season!
- Q. If I register in the RESTOCK ALERT, can I purchase the item for sure?
A. No, your item is not kept just because you registered in the RESTOCK ALERT. It just lets you know as soon as the item is back in stock. It may become quickly sold out again.
- Q. I forgot what I ordered. How can I confirm my order history?
A. Please log in to view your order status HERE.
- Q. Can you issue a receipt?
A. Your receipt can be downloaded from the URL link included in the Dispatch Notice.
- Q. Can I change the color or/and size of the preorder item?
A. You can change your preferred color or size only before the order period is over. Please contact us via our Contact Form.
- Q. Can I change the details of customization of custom order items?
A. You can change your customization details only before the order period is over. Please contact us via our Contact Form.
- Q. How can I confirm my order when I am not receiving the Order Confirmation email?
A. Please create your account and log in to view your order history. To create an account, please click HERE.
- Q. Are there any Yamatomichi brick-and-mortar dealers?
A. There are our dealers and directly managed stores in Japan and Taiwan. For details, please visit HERE.
- Q. Can I try on all the items at Yamatomichi Zaimokuza?
A. You can try anything on if it is stocked. Please ask our member at the store.
- Q. Do you have a reserved parking lot nearby?
A. Please use nearby metered parking lots, etc. It is approximately a 15-minute walk from JR Kamakura Station.
- Q. Please let me know the business hours at Yamatomichi Zaimokuza.
A. We are open on Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00-18:00, by appointment only. To reserve your visit, please click HERE.
- Q. How can I change or cancel the reservation slot of Yamatomichi Zaimokuza?
A. If you wish to cancel the reservation at Yamatomichi Zaimokuza, please refer to the email that is sent automatically. The email includes the URL to cancel the reservation.
- Q. Can I pick up my package at the deliverer’s local office?
A. You may be able to change your shipping address and pick up your package at your local deliverer’s office if the package is not shipped. Please contact us via the CONTACT form.
If the package is shipped, please contact your local deliverer.
- Q. Please provide me with the tracking number of my item/package.
A. Your tracking number is included in the Dispatch Notice email.
- Q. Can you change the shipping address?
A. You may be able to change your shipping address if the package is not shipped. Please contact us via the Contact Form. If the package is shipped, please contact your local deliverer.
- Q. When is my item delivered?
A. After your payment is confirmed, item(s) will be dispatched within 7 business days, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays.
For preorder items, items for sale by lottery, and custom order items, the delivery date will be stated in the Order Confirmation email.
- Q. When is the preorder item delivered?
A. The delivery schedule is included in the Order Confirmation email.
- Q. What’s your bank account? I want to make a payment by bank transfer.
Sorry, a bank transfer is not applicable to international customers.
- Q. The size was wrong. Please let me know the procedure for the size exchange.
A. If the size of the product does not fit, we will exchange it. We only accept exchanges when the item is unused (except for fitting). Please be sure to check the following notes, and contact us via the Cancellation, Return and Exchange Request form within seven days after the delivery.
Please note that we accept a size exchange if:
– The item is unused (except for fitting)
– The item is dispatched to our address within seven days after the delivery.
– Any signs or smells of cigarettes, cosmetics, or stains on the clothes are not noticed.
Please contact us and ship the product back. We examined the returned product and dispatch the exchange product.
- Q. The item was delivered and found defective. Can you exchange it?
A. Please contact us via the Contact Form and ship the product back to us within seven days after the delivery. If any defects are found, we accept an exchange, we will refund your purchase.
- Q. I live outside of Japan. When does my item arrive?
A. After your payment is confirmed, item(s) will be dispatched within 7 business days, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays. For preorders, lottery sales, and custom orders, the delivery schedule is written in the Order Confirmation email.
Please allow extra time or international delivery depending on the country and region.
- Q. Do you ship internationally? Can I order outside of Japan?
A. Yes, we ship internationally. Please allow extra time or international delivery depending on the country and region. Customs duties may be charged.
- Q. When should I pay for the preorder products?
A. We will calculate the preorder quantity after the preorder period is over on September 2. Therefore, we will probably send the invoice in mid-September.
- Q. What’s the limit of preorder quantity of your online shop?
A. It is the maximum number of items you can preorder. In this 2023 Preorder, the limit of preorder quantity is three for each item.
For example, MINI Black in size L and MINI Gray in size M are considered the same items, so three of them IN TOTAL can be preordered.
- Q. When my preordered item(s) will be delivered?
A. The item(s) you preorder will be shipped from April to June 2023. Products will be shipped as they become ready. Please note that delivery may be delayed due to production capacity.
- Q. Will my preorder be sold by lottery?
A. We will sell the products by lottery only when preorders exceed the available quantity.
- Q. I forgot what I preordered online. How can I know my preorder details?
A. Please check the email that will be automatically sent right after you preordered.
- Q. Can I change my preorder items?
A. If you wish to change your preorder details, please simply preorder the latest information. Please note that after the lottery winner is announced, your preferred color/size cannot be changed.
- Q. Can I cancel the preorder?
A. We are unable to cancel your preorder due to our system requirement. Please DO NOT pay if you wish to cancel your order.
- Q. When will your products be for sale online?
You can check our Product Release Schedule, which can be found on our website or through the following link. Product Release Schedule
- Q. When I made a payment by bank transfer, I forgot to mention the Order Number. Can you confirm my payment?
A. We will confirm your payment by the payer’s name and the name you used when logging in to our website. Please note, however, that bank transfer is for domestic payment only.
- Q. When will the item be back in stock?
A. Please check our Product Release Schedule or register your email address to receive the RESTOCK ALERT at the product’s website.
- Q. Do you offer gift wrapping?
A. No, sorry. You’ll have to wrap your own presents. 🙂
- Q. Which size is right for me?
A. Please refer to the “Size” section on each product page. The recommended size for different heights and weights are shown on our size chart.
- Q. I bought the wrong size. Can you exchange?
A. Yes. We accept size exchange. Some items, however, including the made-to-order products cannot be exchanged. Please visit each product’s webpage for the detailed exchange policy.
- Q. I ordered the wrong item. Can I cancel it?
Yes. You can cancel your order by yourself before the shipment is prepared at our warehouse. Please click “CHECK ORDER STATUS” in the Order Confirmation email, which is sent right after you ordered.
For details, please visit our NEWS.
- Q. The color was not the one I imagined. Can you exchange?
A. No, sorry. To avoid unnecessary exchanges we do not exchange products just if you happen to not love your ordered color.
- Q. How long will it take to exchange a product?
A. We aim to send your exchange within a week after receipt and examination of your returned product. However, this might take longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Q. Can you repair my item?
A. Probably Yes! We love our products as much as we hope you do, and are happy to help you extend their lifespan. Send us an e-mail with some photos and we’ll get back to you. Please note that we are usually not able to fix color fading and severe wear-and-tear, but as mentioned, get in touch.
- Q. If the product I want to exchange is out of stock, can I wait until the item is back in stock?
A. No, sorry. We only exchange items that are currently in stock. If your preferred color or size is out of stock, we will offer you a refund and you can place a new order when your preferred product is back in stock.
- Q. If the product I want to exchange is out of stock, can I exchange it for another item?
A. No, sorry. You cannot exchange it for something completely different.
- Q. Can you send multiple items that are separately ordered and purchased online in one package?
A. No, sorry. Due to our system requirement, we are unable to ship the item(s) together with other items ordered in one package. They will be shipped individually, and the shipping cost will be charged for each package.
- Q. How do I inquire about repairs?
A. Please contact us via the form below, and our repair team will get back to you.
Please fill in the product name, how it is damaged, and the date of purchase. Please also make sure to attach a photo of the damaged part.
- Q. How long will it take to repair my item?
A. Anywhere between two to six weeks depending on what needs to be fixed.
- Q. How much is the repair service fee?
A. Please click the link below for a rough guideline. Please feel free to contact us for any inquiries on repair.
- Q. Can I bring in my item for repair?
A. Yes. We accept repairs at our Yamatomichi Zaimokuza in Kamakura, but please make sure we are open before you head out.
- Q. How do you patch holes?
A. Depending on the product, this is usually how we would fix a hole in:
1. Merino wool products
We repair and patch by felting. For details, please visit the below link:
【山と道修理部通信 #1】 (Sorry, Japanese only!)
2. Clothes made of synthetic fiber
We patch and glue to repair using the same fabric.
3. Clothes made of natural fiber (wool)
We patch and sew to repair the hole using the same fabric.
We patch and glue holes using the same fabric.
- Q. Can you hem my pants for me?
A. No, sorry, we don’t offer hemming service.
- Q. Can I fix my own gear?
A. Some items, such as our merino wool products, can quite easily be repaired. We offer advice and ideas on how to do this via the below link: (Sorry, Japanese only for now)
Yamatomichi Repair Diary