One of our staff members will answer your questions or concerns about our products through our online customer service and live Instagram feeds. Please note, this service is currently only available in Japanese.
For detailed questions on how to choose and use the product, please try our remote Online Customer Support service. (Currently only available in Japanese)
Time limit: 20 minutes
Available date and time：
*Please apply by 17:00 of the previous day of your reservation.
- For better communication, viewing on a large screen such as a PC is recommended instead of smartphones.
- We conduct these see ions using Zoom. If you are a first time user of Zoom, please download the application and create an account in advance.
We also do live instagram sessions where staff answers your questions and concerns. See below for past live feeds.
00:00 営業部 中村・木村の入社のきっかけや仕事内容など
17:11 修理部 北島の仕事内容など
32:21 山と道ラボ研究員 松本の仕事内容など
49:00 営業部 藤田の仕事内容など
Vol.14 予約製品UL Shirtの紹介
13:55 UL Shirtの紹介
11:55 包装袋「BACK TO HIKE」に込めたメッセージ
14:50 One Tuck 5-Pocket Pants
29:17 5-Pocket Shorts Light
40:35 Bamboo Shirt
08:30 Merino Hoodyについて
18:45 Merino Full Zip Hoodyについて
- Q. Why am I not receiving emails from Yamatomichi?
A. There are several possible reasons why you might not be receiving our emails:
1. Our emails end up in your spam folder.
2. You are using an email address provided by Japanese domestic carriers such as Docomo, ezweb, and softbank, etc.
3. The email box provided by a Japanese domestic carrier may allow only specific domains and might decline our domain. In order to receive our email, add our email address “email@example.com” to your safe list and. Please contact your carrier if this still does not solve the issue.
4. Incorrect email address is registered.
If your registered email address is incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Your order is incomplete.
If you don’t receive an Order Confirmation even after shopping, you may not have finalized the order. Please confirm your order history and make sure your order is complete.
- Q. When I made a payment by bank transfer, I forgot to mention the Order Number. Can you confirm my payment?
A. We will confirm your payment by the payer’s name and the name you used when logging in to our website.
- Q. When will XXX be available to buy from the website?
A. We post the sales schedule and availability of our products via our news webpage, Instagram, and Facebook. You can also register to receive our email newsletter where we announce new products and when they are available. Click here to sign up for our newsletter.
- Q. When will XXX be back in stock?
A. To receive our RESTOCK ALERT, see below:
1. When the item you want is out of stock
Click the “RESTOCK ALERT” badge on the top right of the webpage.
Select your desired size and color, and click “Notify me when restocked”.
Register your email address, and you will automatically be notified as soon as the item is back in stock again.
2. When the size or color you want is out of stock
Click the “BUY” badge on the top right of the webpage.
Select your desired size and color which is out of stock, and click “Notify me when restocked”.
Register your email address, and you will automatically be notified as soon as the color/size you want is back in stock again.
- Q. Do you offer gift wrapping?
A. No, sorry. You’ll have to wrap your own presents. 🙂
- Q. Which size is right for me?
A. Please refer to the “Size” section on each product page. The recommended size for different heights and weights are shown on our size chart.
- Q. I bought the wrong size. Can you exchange?
A. Yes. We accept size exchange. Some items, however, including the made-to-order products cannot be exchanged. Please visit each product’s webpage for the detailed exchange policy.
- Q. I ordered the wrong item. Can I cancel it?
Yes. Your order can be canceled if the product is not dispatched. It can be canceled even after it is dispatched, but we will have to charge you the shipping cost.
- Q. The color was not the one I imagined. Can you exchange?
A. No, sorry. To avoid unnecessary exchanges we do not exchange products just if you happen to not love your ordered color.
- Q. How long will it take to exchange a product?
A. We aim to send your exchange within a week after receipt and examination of your returned product. However, this might take longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Q. Can you repair my XXX?
A. Probably Yes! We love our products as much as we hope you do, and are happy to help you extend their lifespan. Send us an e-mail with some photos and we’ll get back to you. Please note that we are usually not able to fix color fading and severe wear-and-tear, but as mentioned, get in touch.
- Q. If the product I want to exchange is out of stock, can I wait until the item is back in stock?
A. No, sorry. We only exchange items that are currently in stock. If your preferred color or size is out of stock, we will offer you a refund and you can place a new order when your preferred product is back in stock.
- Q. If the product I want to exchange is out of stock, can I exchange it for another item?
A. No, sorry. You cannot exchange it for something completely different.
- Q. Can you send multiple items that are separately ordered and purchased online in one package?
A. No, sorry. We cannot ship multiple orders in one package due to how our delivery system is currently set up.
- Q. How do I inquire about repairs?
A. Please contact us via the form below, and our repair team will get back to you.
Please fill in the product name, how it is damaged, and the date of purchase. Please also make sure to attach a photo of the damaged part.
- Q. How long will it take to repair my XXX?
A. Anywhere between two to six weeks depending on what needs to be fixed.
- Q. How much is the repair service fee?
A. Please click the link below for a rough guideline. Please feel free to contact us for any inquiries on repair.
- Q. Can I bring in my XXX for repair?
A. Yes. We accept repairs at our Yamatomichi Laboratory Shop in Kamakura, but please make sure we’re open before you head out.
Yamatomichi Laboratory Shop
- Q. How do you patch holes?
A. Depending on the product, this is usually how we would fix a hole in:
1. Merino wool products
We repair and patch by felting. For details, please visit the below link:
【山と道修理部通信 #1】 (Sorry, Japanese only!)
2. Clothes made of synthetic fiber
We patch and glue to repair using the same fabric.
3. Clothes made of natural fiber (wool)
We patch and sew to repair the hole using the same fabric.
We patch and glue holes using the same fabric.
- Q. Can I purchase just buckles and other small parts?
A. Yes, but only for repair purposes.
If you can replace the part by yourself, we will ship the spare component for a small fee. If the part needs to be replaced by us, send us your product and we will replace the part and send back your product.
Repair Request Form
- Q. Can I purchase a waist belt (hip belt) only?
A. Yes, but only for repair purposes. See below for prices.
ONE’s hip belt: 3500 yen + 250 yen for shipping
THREE’s hip belt: 1000 yen + 250 yen for shipping
MINI’s hip belt: 1000 yen + 250 yen for shipping
- Q. Can I replace the ONE’s carbon rods by myself?
A. Yes, it’s pretty straight forward.
Replacement carbon rod: 500 per piece + 700 yen for shipping
Repair Request Form
- Q. Can you repair broken zippers?
A. Yes, we will replace your broken zipper with a new one.
Please note that we now exclusively use YKK No.5 two-way Zipper which is slightly larger but more durable than the YKK No.3 we used until 2016.
Zipper replacement: 5000 yen + 700 yen for shipping
Replace entire pocket*: 8700 yen + 700 yen for shipping
*When the pocket fabric is seriously damaged.
- Q. Can you hem my pants for me?
A. No, sorry, we don’t offer hemming service.
- Q. Can I fix my own gear?
A. Some items, such as our merino wool products, can quite easily be repaired. We offer advice and ideas on how to do this via the below link: (Sorry, Japanese only for now)
Yamatomichi Repair Diary
- Q. Can I specify which person I would like to talk to?
A. When you sign up for our online customer support, please feel free to add the name of one of our service staff if you have any preferences. Please understand though, that we may not always be able to accommodate your request.
- Q. Can my friends join too?
A. Yes, of course! The more the merrier.
- Q. I am a girl and would like to talk with one of your female staff, is that possible?
A. Yes, we understand that questions about fitting, etc, might be better answered by someone of the same sex, so if you have any preference, please mention so when you sign up.
- Q. Is there a time limit for online customer support?
A. Yes, each session has a twenty minutes time limit.
- Q. Where are your customer support staff physically located when they provide online support?
A. Usually from our Yamatomichi Laboratory in Kamakura, but also sometimes from home or elsewhere.